Thursday, July 4, 2013

You have saved my life & helped my MS: thank you to the Post It Company


Post -Its

To anyone who has MS, need I say more?  Right now I am looking at my kitchen table, refrigerator and counter.  I have really a million posts- its showing what I need to do everyday.  In my bathroom I have a ton of them as well.  I never can see my face (which is good, I really don’t want to; I want to keep the dream of my 30’s still alive.).  I really should have bought stocks in this company.  It would have helped me a lot financially today.

Anyway, this is not a rant but a thank you.  Your tiny pieces of paper have become my brain.  Every time I think of anything I need to remember, I need to do or appointments before I can organize them on my calendar (my calendar if a different story), these memories go there.  I just stick them and don’t have to think of them until I see them.  In doing that I can now go on with my life and not have to worry about forgetting things.  This helps me in ways that normal people would not understand.  This has become my life.  I really have bad cognition now.

I have often thought about wallpapering my kitchen and living room with these papers.  I can do a multicolored theme, one for spring, winter, fall and summer using all these colors.  It would be so cool, my brain would be everywhere for everyone to see.

I also use them to write 3 things I can accomplish everyday.  As I do them I cross them off, this way I can see what I have done.  This helps me to feel like I am moving forward.  If I am not feeling well it can be little things like taking a shower, wiping down a counter or getting dressed.  When I feel better it can be little harder things like dusting, laundry, etc.  I see things getting done and that fact makes my mood more positive.  If by chance I can’t do one or two things on that list, I just ripe up that post it and make a new one by moving the things I haven’t completed and add some more to make those 3 things.  This task has helped me for the last 13 years.

So

Carry on.
thank you to the Post It Company.  You have saved my life.